The Merrillville Education Foundation invites you to participate in our 4th Annual MEF Walk-a-Thon fundraiser on Saturday, October 9, 2021! Participants in the “Better Health, Better Minds” event will be walking at Merrillville High School to raise funds for MEF teacher grants.
DOWNLOAD YOUR REGISTRATION FORM HERE and join us for a day of prizes, food, exercise and fun, while supporting new education opportunities for Merrillville Community School students.
MEF Walk-a-Thon Details:
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities
We are asking for help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor. Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause.
To view suggested sponsorship opportunities, CLICK/TAP HERE for our information letter. We also need gift cards/gift certificates for Walk-a-Thon participant prizes.
Thank you for joining many others in going the extra mile in support of our students, our schools, and our community. Your financial support at whatever level you choose will be greatly appreciated!
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and walking will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Location of the walk will be at the Merrillville High School Soccer/Track & Field Area (east of the football stadium). In case of rain, we will walk in the MHS Field House.
- Minimum participation donation is $10.00 for ages 5 and up.
- EVERY participant must submit a signed event disclaimer in order to walk in the event.
- Participants are asked to walk one mile, but can choose to walk more if they wish.
- T-shirts for ages 5 years and older will be given to each participant who raises/brings in at least $20.00 in sponsorship donations and submits the registration form and donations to your school’s office by Thursday, September 23, 2021. Late registration and additional funding may be turned in on the day of the event, but no T-shirt can be guaranteed. Additional T-shirts will be available to purchase on Saturday, October 9th, while supplies last.
- Participants will receive one raffle ticket for a chance to win a door prize on the event day. The raffle ticket will be given at the time of registration on October 9th.
- If you raise $100 or more, you are guaranteed a prize! The student who raises the most money will get first choice of the available prizes.
- This is a family-friendly event open to EVERYONE in the community. Please join us! However, if you are unable to participate, please consider making a donation to MEF.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: We are asking help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor. Suggested sponsorship opportunities can be found in our information letter. We also need gift cards/gift certificates for prizes. Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause. Thank you for joining many others in going the extra mile in support of our students, our schools, and our community. Your financial support at whatever level you choose will be greatly appreciated!
We hope that this will continue to be a huge community event so we can continue to provide impactful grants that enhance our students’ learning experiences. Teacher grants are awarded semi-annually by the Foundation.