3rd Annual MEF Walk-A-Thon a great success!
The Merrillville Education Foundation sponsored the third annual Walk-A-Thon on October 12, 2019, at the Merrillville High School Soccer/Track and Field Area. Many thanks to all who came out for it even on a cold and brisk morning!
We had almost 100 participants in the “Better Health, Better Minds” event , and it was a tremendous success. While participants walked to raise funds for teacher grants, everyone got some good exercise, many prizes were given out, and a fun time was had by all.
One hundred percent of the donations benefited Merrillville schools. We would like to thank the following people for their generosity and support:
- Merrillville students, families, and staff for raising money and coming to the walk
- Merrillville teachers, support staff and principals for spreading the word
- Business and community sponsors for giving donations and prizes
- MHS Athletic Department for helping coordinate the event
- MHS Graphic Arts Department for creating the posters, banner, and T-shirts
- Volunteers from the Merrillville High School Cheerleaders for giving of their time
- Merrillville Education Foundation Board Members for doing what it takes to make it a success
Special congratulations to Iddings third-grader Cameron Griffin (right), who was recognized and received a gift basket for raising $220.00 in donations for the Walk-a-Thon, the most of any student! Salk Elementary was also recognized for having the most participants.
You can find our Walk-a-Thon sponsors below. Thanks again and we hope to see everyone at next year’s walk-a-thon!
2019 Walk-A-Thon Sponsors
Many thanks to our sponsors of our 3rd Annual MEF Walk-A-Thon! With your support, the Foundation continues to provide unique and valuable education opportunities for Merrillville students.
Gold Star Contributors
$1000 or more
Summers Plumbing Heating and Cooling
Silver Star Contributors
$500 to $999
Puntillo and Crane Orthodontics PC
Bronze Star Contributors
$250 to $499
Briggs Insurance Agency
DVG Team, Inc.
George C. Rogge Agency, Inc.
Hugh P. Seller & Frances K. Seller, DDS
McMahon & Associates CPA’s, P.C.
Prudential Financial – Andrew Draper
Purple Star Contributors
$100 to $249
Acme Print Copy Design
David Barrick – Real Estate
Fahrenheit 212 Restaurant
Kiwanis Club of Merrillville
Miles and Molly Dunscombe
Pruzin Brothers Funeral Services
Walk-A-Thon Gift Sponsors
Albanese Confectionery Group, Inc.
Fahrenheit 212 Restaurant
Harvest Tyme Pumpkin Patch
McDonald’s – Modrak Operating Group
2019 Walk-a-Thon Media Gallery