The Merrillville Education Foundation invites you to participate in our 2nd Annual MEF Walk-a-Thon fundraiser on Saturday, October 6, 2018! Participants in the “Better Health, Better Minds” event will be walking at Merrillville High School to raise funds for MEF teacher grants.
DOWNLOAD YOUR REGISTRATION FORM HERE and join us for a day of prizes, food, exercise and fun, while supporting new education opportunities for Merrillville Community School students.
MEF Walk-a-Thon Details:
2018 Sponsorship Opportunities
We are asking for help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor. Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause.
To view suggested sponsorship opportunities, CLICK/TAP HERE for our information letter. We also need gift cards/gift certificates for Walk-a-Thon participant prizes.
Thank you for joining many others in going the extra mile in support of our students, our schools, and our community. Your financial support at whatever level you choose will be greatly appreciated!
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and walking will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Location of the walk will be at the Merrillville High School Soccer/Track & Field Area (east of the football stadium).
- Minimum participation donation is $10.00 for ages 5 and up. Families can participate as a group for a single fee of $30.00.
- EVERY participant must submit a signed event disclaimer in order to walk in the event.
- Participants are asked to walk one mile, but can choose to walk more if they wish.
- T-shirts for ages 5 years and older will be given to each participant who raises/brings in at least $20.00 in sponsorship donations and submits the registration form and donations to your school’s office by Monday, September 17, 2018. Family groups who register for $30.00 by September 17, 2018, will only receive one t-shirt; however, additional t-shirts can be ordered for $10.00 each. Additional fundraising can be turned in on the day of the event, but no t-shirt can be guaranteed at that late date.
- Participants will receive one raffle ticket for every $10.00 in donations to be used towards prize draws on the event day. Raffle tickets will be given at the time of registration on October 6.
- This is a family-friendly event open to EVERYONE in the community. Please join us! However, if you are unable to participate, please consider making a donation to MEF.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: We are asking help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor. Suggested sponsorship opportunities can be found in our information letter. We also need gift cards/gift certificates for prizes. Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause. Thank you for joining many others in going the extra mile in support of our students, our schools, and our community. Your financial support at whatever level you choose will be greatly appreciated!
We hope that this will continue to be a huge community event so we can continue to provide impactful grants that enhance our students’ learning experiences. Teacher grants are awarded semi-annually by the Foundation.