2017 Inaugural MEF Walk-A-Thon a success!
The Merrillville Education Foundation sponsored its first Walk-A-Thon on a beautiful Saturday morning on September 16, 2017. A million thanks to all who came out to participate! We had nearly 100 participants, and it was a tremendous success. Everyone got some good exercise, many prizes were given out, and a fun time was had by all. We would like to thank the following people for their generosity and support:
- Merrillville students, families, and staff for raising money and coming to the walk
- Merrillville teachers, support staff and principals for spreading the word
- Business and community sponsors for giving donations and prizes (see below)
- MHS Athletic Department for helping coordinate the event
- MHS Graphic Arts Department for creating the posters, banner, and t-shirts
- Volunteers from the Merrillville High School STAND Club, the Freshmen Mentor Program, MHS Cheerleaders, and MHS Concession Stand for giving of their time
- Bernardino Perea and Terrell Taylor for the great photos covering the event
- Merrillville Education Foundation Board Members for doing what it takes to make this inaugural event a success!
2017 Walk-A-Thon Sponsors
Many thanks to our sponsors of our inaugural MEF Walk-A-Thon! With your support, the Foundation continues to provide unique and valuable education opportunities for Merrillville students.
Purple Star Contributors – $100 to $249
Acme Print Copy Design
Briggs Insurance Company
Burns Funeral Home
David Barrick – Real Estate
Walk-A-Thon Gift Sponsors
Albanese Confectionery Group, Inc.
Chuck E. Cheese
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant
Fahrenheit Two Twelve Restaurant
Jelly Pancake House
Maxim’s Restaurant and Lounge
QDOBA Mexican Eats
Spill the Beans
2017 Walk-A-Thon Photo Gallery