The Merrillville Education Foundation invites you to participate in our 4th Annual MEF Walk-a-Thon fundraiser on Saturday, October 9, 2021! Participants in the “Better Health, Better Minds” event will be walking at Merrillville High School to raise funds for MEF teacher grants.
DOWNLOAD YOUR REGISTRATION FORM HERE and join us for a day of prizes, food, exercise and fun, while supporting new education opportunities for Merrillville Community School students.
MEF Walk-a-Thon Details:
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities
We are asking for help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor. Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause.
To view suggested sponsorship opportunities, CLICK/TAP HERE for our information letter. We also need gift cards/gift certificates for Walk-a-Thon participant prizes.
Thank you for joining many others in going the extra mile in support of our students, our schools, and our community. Your financial support at whatever level you choose will be greatly appreciated!
- Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and walking will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Location of the walk will be at the Merrillville High School Soccer/Track & Field Area (east of the football stadium). In case of rain, we will walk in the MHS Field House.
- Minimum participation donation is $10.00 for ages 5 and up.
- EVERY participant must submit a signed event disclaimer in order to walk in the event.
- Participants are asked to walk one mile, but can choose to walk more if they wish.
- T-shirts for ages 5 years and older will be given to each participant who raises/brings in at least $20.00 in sponsorship donations and submits the registration form and donations to your school’s office by Thursday, September 23, 2021. Late registration and additional funding may be turned in on the day of the event, but no T-shirt can be guaranteed. Additional T-shirts will be available to purchase on Saturday, October 9th, while supplies last.
- Participants will receive one raffle ticket for a chance to win a door prize on the event day. The raffle ticket will be given at the time of registration on October 9th.
- If you raise $100 or more, you are guaranteed a prize! The student who raises the most money will get first choice of the available prizes.
- This is a family-friendly event open to EVERYONE in the community. Please join us! However, if you are unable to participate, please consider making a donation to MEF.
- Sponsorship Opportunities: We are asking help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor. Suggested sponsorship opportunities can be found in our information letter. We also need gift cards/gift certificates for prizes. Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause. Thank you for joining many others in going the extra mile in support of our students, our schools, and our community. Your financial support at whatever level you choose will be greatly appreciated!
We hope that this will continue to be a huge community event so we can continue to provide impactful grants that enhance our students’ learning experiences. Teacher grants are awarded semi-annually by the Foundation.
SMALL CARD, BIG RESULTS
Merrillville Education Foundation Major Saver Campaign
The Merrillville Education Foundation is excited to be offering Major Saver cards for sale through the Merrillville schools. Students will receive the sales packets starting Thursday, April 8, 2021. The sale will last approximately two weeks. Proceeds from the sale of Major Saver cards directly support all the schools and the activities of the Merrillville Education Foundation. All the money generated from this fundraiser goes back to the children. In this way, Merrillville Community School Corporation can fund innovative and creative projects in the classrooms and schools and allow students to have broad educational experiences.
From 2002-2020 since the Merrillville Education Foundation started, the corporation has been awarded $378,082.66 in teacher grants and Major Saver fundraising.
Major Saver cards can be purchased via cash, check or online at www.majorsaver.com. The online sale can be credited back to a particular student and school. All cards purchased online will be mailed directly to the customer. Administrators, Teachers, and MCSC Employees can also purchase cards to support this initiative.
The Major Saver App is now LOADED with THOUSANDS of offers valid NATIONWIDE!! Your Major Saver card will come with a code so you can download and access these deals. You’re no longer limited to just savings in the Merrillville area. Going to Chicago or Indianapolis for the weekend? Open your app and take advantage of savings there too!!
Major Saver is making online sales easier for friends and family! On our homepage you are able to enter your student’s information to create a CUSTOM LINK for your child that can be shared via social media or email. This link will automatically credit the online sale to your student when friends and family use the link to make their purchase!
Major Saver stresses safe selling and discourages door to door campaigning. The company encourages students to sell to family members, church patrons, neighbors, or other adults the family may know; and to always make sure their parents are involved.
Please consider purchasing one or more Major Saver cards this year to help benefit the Merrillville Education Foundation and the students within the district.
Thank you for your continued support! Be ready for the Major Saver 2021 card coming soon!
UPDATE: Closing out 2020 Major Saver Campaign
Due to Merrillville schools closing to comply with the Governor’s COVID-19 orders, new procedures for parents and students to submit their campaign orders has been laid out by the Major Saver company. Please download instructions here.
Small Card, BIG Results. The Major Saver 2020 card is now here and ready for sale beginning Thursday, March 12th! Students will be selling $10 cards in person or you can order your card online.
The Merrillville Education Foundation is once again excited to be offering Major Saver discount cards for sale through the Merrillville schools. Conveniently keep the mini card on your keychain, or download the Major Saver app for Android or iOS devices so you can always take full advantage of all of the great discounts the card offers. You’re no longer limited to just savings in the Merrillville area. Going to Chicago or Indianapolis for the weekend? Open your app and take advantage of savings there too!
Students in the district will be selling $10 cards with over 20 local BOGO or discount offers, and THOUSANDS of offers nationwide on the Android or iOS apps! Students in grades K-8 will start selling cards Thursday, March 12th thru Tuesday, March 24th. High school students will be selling cards from Friday, March 20th through Monday, April 20th. (more…)
Mark your calendars to enjoy a great meal, while at the same time supporting the Merrillville Education Foundation!
On the first Tuesday of the month through May, 2020, enjoy dinner at Old Chicago Restaurant, 740 E. 81st Street, Merrillville, between 6-9 p.m., and ten percent of your net meal charges will be donated to MEF by Old Chicago.
These are the five fundraising upcoming dates in 2020:
- January 7
- February 4
- March 3
- April 7
- May 5
The proceeds from our Merrillville Education Foundation Charity Night at Old Chicago Restaurant will support our ongoing mission of supporting new, unique and interesting educational experiences for Merrillville students in and out of the classroom.